Out of all the seven major Ionian Islands, Corfu is the most attractive and greenest island of Greece. It always remains a hub for beckoning tourists. Lying at the north-western coast of the country, Corfu combines the best of sandy beaches, vibrant nightlife, rich history and beautiful landscapes for the visitors. This is the reason why most of the Europeans as well as international travellers prefer package holidays to Corfu. It has everything to make families and kids happy during the tour.
When to visit Corfu?
If you are planning a trip to Corfu, the question of ideal time for visit is obvious to occur in your mind. The best time for families to visit Corfu is usually between April and October with the onset of Easter. Although, most of the resort hotels are open for business between the months of May and September, you can find the most inexpensive rooms, moderate weather and improved taverna services from late May to the late June.
The months from July to August mark the full functioning of the island with the sea warmed-up thoroughly. During this time, you will come across intense humidity, heat and huge crowd.
Major captivating destinations for kids
The kids can have loads of fun by visiting the following notable
- Aqualand Water Park: One of the most amazing water parks in the Europe that allows your children to have fun-filled holidays.
- Horse trekking: Regardless of your age, riding on a horse’s back gives you the perfect view of the hilly and lush green surrounding of Corfu.
- Kalypso star: It is a boat bottomed with glass that provides a magnificent tour of the Corfu waters. You will get to observe the underwater formations and marine life while touring on this boat.
The beaches to go
Besides the fun-filled resorts and water parks for kids, Corfu also has some captivating beaches for you to explore. Here are some of the most prominent beaches of Corfu –
- Pelekas and Glyfada: You need to keep a keen watch on your kids while you are on these beaches as the calm sea can anytime turn choppy. Besides the beautiful scenario of these beaches, you can also explore the unassuming and friendly Pelekas town. Hovering at a height from the coast, the town hosts some very good restaurants, accommodations and free bus services for the visitors.
- Sidari: It is a family friendly resort town offering exotic bars and nightlife for the visitors. You along with your family can enjoy the nice beach experience, its nearby fun and water sports at Sidari.
- Agios Gordios: This is another remarkable beach of Corfu to offer incredible attractions for the visitors. Hosting the best family restaurants, the beach also has a small playground in the town allowing you to spend some quality time playing with your kids.
- Paleokastritsa: If you have elder kids in your family, you can think of spending good times with them by involving yourself in the variety of beach activities at Paleokastritsa.
As a leading travel agent, Greecefully.com holds significant expertise in providing package holidays to Corfu. Get to know more about the location, its famous places to visit and the best deals of packages with the travel experts at Greecefully.com.